Which Camera Do I Use In 2020 ?





Which Camera Do I Use In 2020 ?
Which Camera Do I Use In 2020?



2020, the year of innovation. It's the year that the creative industry is finally seeing the fulfilment of our heart's desires from camera manufacturers. They are finally presenting the answer to our creative frustration after years of taking notes and making improvements. It just seems that in the year 2020, cameras have become close to perfect. So what camera am I using in 2020?

Brace yourselves. I have been shooting with an 11-year-old camera (yes, 11-year-old).

It has 1 card slot (CF not even SD card), no autofocus in video, no NFC, no WIFI (screams), no touch screen(tears) and specifically to be noted by other canon camera users, no dual pixel autofocus (explosion). With a camera of that age, I produce portraits such as the following:


Portrait of a woman sitting in a gardenPortrait of a woman with face paintPortrait of a woman behind leavesPortrait of a woman on the beach laying in the sand    Portrait of woman in a tree
Check out my business page (www.instagram.com/keyplayproductions) for more photos from the same camera.

A majority of my audience already knows the camera I shoot with, but if you are new to the world of Keyplay, I'll just cut the suspense. I shoot with a Canon 7D MK I. 



Photo of canon 7D mk i with exposed sensor
The camera isn't bad but it's not my ideal camera either. If you're wondering how I easily craft the above photos without the above-listed features and conveniences, the simple answer is that I don't. I have to jump through hoops to craft great photos. 



I hate the uncomfortable process it takes to craft images, but there's nothing I love more than photography. Initially, I gave more attention to getting the camera settings right vs making sure my talent/client is 100%; However, I have learnt and it has helped me to be a better photographer. It is not impossible to craft good images with my camera, it actually gets the job done and very well at that. 

Of course, it's not as easy or effortless to work with when compared to newer cameras like my absolute dream camera, the Sony a7iii but I get the job done.

Camera Gear Flatlay

So what am I saying? I've come to understand both opinions of "gear doesn't matter" and "gear matters" due to my experience with different cameras. I have used new cameras with features I can't even count, and older cameras, that makes me question how they even sold them.

It's all about understanding whatever gear you have and being able to craft the image you want to see. My name is Sean Rose and you don't need the best camera in 2020 because I use an 11-year-old camera to put smiles on my client's faces.

until next time, keep up with me on:

Comments

Post a Comment